Saturday, June 8, 2013

Tracing....learning?



 Teaching.......learning?

Jesus calling-   "Seek My Face with a teachable spirit. Come into My Presence with thanksgiving, desiring to be transformed."

Am I teachable?  Am I receptive to what God wants me to learn?  Do I complain, grumble, get angry at the things that are "thrown" my way???

I have to ask that of myself frequently.  Why this?  Why that?? Instead of "okay God, what do you want me to learn fro m this"....trust, flexibility , obedience , joy, comfort, open heart, dependence on You, etc, etc,etc.......

Who do I want to become,,,Christlike or world like ?  Where do I want to spend my energies?  Complaining, grumbling or open to His teaching , counting all things as joy?? Quietly submitting to His changes in my life......seeking  maturity in Christ....

What does maturity look like? 
-Being filled with the fruit of the spirit,
- joyful, 
-encouraging
-seeking God in all things
-ready
-stable 
- lacking nothing


Romans 12:2
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

James 1: 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt,....

 Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

 2 Peter 1: 5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Am I learning.....changing for Christ' s sake???

No comments:

Post a Comment