Monday, June 10, 2013

Tears on my shoulder.....

Years ago, a woman stood up in our Sunday school class and challenged the class to hug or touch one another.  I was attending a very coldly led, legalistic, non touchy church at the time.  We rare even shook hands. She felt that by not acknowledging the need for touch we were rejecting those around us.  Her love language was not touch , by the way...but she understood the need for touch...

Having come from a huggy family, it made an impression.  I did accept people and realized that my body language was telling another story....I needed to change......

The next body of believers we were joined with had a welcoming group that shook hands and welcomed everyone who came through the door.  One particular older woman, a widow,gave free hugs.  Whenever I return to visit that body, I relish Her hugs, because they are genuine, welcoming and she calls me by name...

Over the years, I have tried to cultivate that accepting attitude of appropriate touch and hugs.  I want to be accepted , why should I reject others.......either in spoken or body language ???

Yesterday,  returning to our former Elko church was an abundance of hugs and welcomes...I felt so loved, accepted, valued.....tears, smiles, prayers all around.... 
Thank you for that privilege.  

The whole of Elko friends are welcoming and I thank you from the bottom of my heart ....

Job 16:20
My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God;

Psalm 56:8 (NLT) 
8 You keep track of all my sorrows.
    You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
    You have recorded each one in your book.


Psalm 126:5
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy

2 Timothy 1:4
Recalling your tears, I long to see you, so that I may be filled with joy.


Acts 20:37
They all wept as they embraced him and kissed him.

Psalm 30:5
For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.

Psalm 126:6
Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.

Ecclesiastes 3:4
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,

Luke 6:21
Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh.

Take time to hug someone ....accepting them in Christ.....






















No comments:

Post a Comment