Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pride , pride, pride. And starting over....


Recently, I started to taking a class for future church members for the church I am attending ...

It is the basics of what this church believes, their vision, mission, etc...a well done study with a nice booklet, videos, etc....but my pride arose hitting me in the face, heart...
I have done all these things, not only done them but taught how to do them, life groups, spiritual gifts ing, temperaments, love languages, etc.....

I felt like paul when he listed his back ground , although I haven't said as much In class...
I am there to learn..but my pride has raised its ugly face again and again. ....not a pretty picture.....truthfully, I didn't know it was so strong, so THERE...maybe I have had blinders on to not see it....I am so sorry if I ever came across with it to anyone..

I want to serve, find a place where  God wants me to serve..I love to serve... But have gone back to square one....as a single , as a widow, as a newcomer , as an unknown .. It is frustrating,  it is humbling.....my pride wants want to shout out...But, God's still quiet voice is saying "listen , listen, learn , wait,   There is a path,,,let's walk it together, but first, let's deal with this pride....."


Psalm 73:5a
Therefore pride is their necklace; .....

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

Proverbs 13:10
Where there is strife, there is pride, but wisdom is found in those who take advice.

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall."

Proverbs 29:23
Pride brings a person low, but the lowly in spirit gain honor.

Ecclesiastes 7:8
The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride.

Isaiah 2:11
The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day.

Daniel 4:37
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

2 Corinthians 5:12
We are not trying to commend ourselves to you again, but are giving you an opportunity to take pride in us, so that you can answer those who take pride in what is seen rather than in what is in the heart.

1 John 2:16
For everything in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—comes not from the Father but from the world.

Luke 18:9 
Then Jesus told this story to some who had great confidence in their own righteousness and scorned everyone else......

I don't want to wear pride as a necklace,  what a graphic picture......I want what comes from God and not from the world...His agenda, not mine....

So pride go away, to be replaced with care . ...Listening....timing....humility....service....

No comments:

Post a Comment