Saturday, June 1, 2013

scar....

Scar

1.
a mark left by a healed wound, sore, or burn.
2.
a lasting aftereffect of trouble, especially a lasting psychological injury resulting from suffering or trauma.
3.
any blemish remaining as a trace of or resulting from injury or use.


Yesterday, in our grief support group, this word just popped out.. SCAR..
Then put it with these following verses....



John 3:35
The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.  




John 20:20
After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

John 20:25
So the other disciples told him, “We have seen the Lord!”But he said to them, “Unless I see the nail marks in his hands and put my finger where the nails were, and put my hand into his side, I will not believe.”



John 20:27
Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here; see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it into my side. Stop doubting and believe.”





Those hands, they held everything, the scars, the world, 

As Christians, we are held in those hands, our names are written in the palm of His hand,.....



Isaiah 49:16See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.



But, those scars are for us....they were still visible after Christ came back from the grave for those days before he ascended . The scars weren't gone. Thomas needed to see them, feel them...He used them to help others...



We each have scars, visible and invisible, to our bodies, souls, minds for whatever reason.  God uses those scars for others or he can if he or we choose...



I remember a couple I counseled for their wedding. They each came in with emotional baggage . They were the perfect couple, so cute, in love, giddy, excited.  She broke down there in my office,"but, I am so damaged.  I never expected to marry, have two wonderful children, divorce, how can I bring this into this new marriage ? "

"So damaged". Those words resonated into my heart and soul. Her longing to be unblemished in this new relationship . We hugged, cried, they hugged and cried.....they put together a new family with the cutest boys and added more...still serving, still damaged, but healed and helping others with their scars.



We all bring damage into our relationships whether we want to or not.   We live in a damaged world.  

BUT,, those nail scarred hands and feet of Christ's bring healing to everyone who desires, believes...



We are each given the opportunity to Use those scars for healing....help others , encourage others with our scars....comfort those God gives us with our scars.   Those scars we each have are for a purpose....we know want Christ's are for..healing....

What are ours for??? We are to give comfort as we were comforted....





Just thoughts from your mom...




No comments:

Post a Comment