Friday, June 14, 2013

Dark out curtains....

I have dark out drapes in both bedrooms......they are really effective in keeping the light out of the rooms.  I have a nice street light at the corner, for which I am glad.   
But, was thinking, that the drapes should really be called light out instead of dark out ...kind of like our driveways where we park...instead of drive....oh well...

What I really want is to keep the darkness out of my life....

2 Samuel 22:29
You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

This is what grief is to me....darkness,,,but by God's light,I am walking through it...that doesn't mean that each moment of walking is totally light..there are dark times, but the light continues on and on...as His word ,  the light, shines through....
Job 29:3
when his lamp shone on my head and by his light I walked through darkness!

Psalm 18:28
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.


Psalm 112:4
Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.

Can I be among the upright, gracious, compassionate???  So that light dawns?.....on me.....

Ecclesiastes 2:13b
......, just as light is better than darkness....

There was a place that we visited in Asia.....one of the team members remarked hoe dark it was, oppressive...I agreed, but looked around, and there was a beam of light penetrating the area.....I told him, to look at that beam.... God was able to make it shine there in the darkness that we felt...

Isaiah 9:2
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.

Isaiah 42:16
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Daniel 2:22
He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him.

Luke 11:36
Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

John 1:5
The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

John 12:46
I ( Jesus) have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.


2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.




There is no place where GOd's light can't shine....in places, In our lives....in our hearts , even in the dark times...








No comments:

Post a Comment