Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hitting the wall.....

We have been going non stop since I got here in Elko.  Going through thousands of pieces of papers, notes, files......

Hundreds of pounds of rocks....

Loads to the dump...

Papers readying for the shredders....

Notebooks......

Mary, Dustin and Kase sorting the garage again...

Stuff readies for the thrift store...

Cathy has been invaluable...

Bottles of water.....

Paul and Connie extending their hospitality.....moving things around....

Tears of remembrances.....emotionally charged.....

Meals with friends....even one trip to the canyon.....

Last night , I "hit the wall " as some would say....overload in work, emotions, and lack of sleep.....slept for 10 hours....which is very uncommon for me....I usually live on 6 no matter how I try for more.....

Was reminded of these verses....God is so good...He knows us so well....and He gives rest when we need it....He softens the wall to rest for the weary...

Ecclesiastes 5:12a
The sleep of a laborer is sweet.....

Jeremiah 31:26b....... My sleep had been pleasant to me.

Psalm 127:2
In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat— for he grants sleep to those he loves.

Psalm 119:28
My soul is weary with sorrow; strengthen me according to your word.

Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Isaiah 40:31
but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 50:4
The Sovereign Lord has given me a well-instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, wakens my ear to listen like one being instructed.

 Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.


Hitting the wall may sometimes be the pillow for rest.....









No comments:

Post a Comment