Monday, June 3, 2013


Off the. Grid..

Siting in church yesterday, my mind did wander even though the sermon was very good.  The pastor is going through Revelations..

"Off the grid"....means for many people that they are not connected to the mainstream power electrical power system..  They have their own power source, be it water, solar, wind or combinations of them.

When we lived in Jawbone, our  power was intermittently generator and  the pelton wheel water power.  Was so quiet when the water was powering us.  The generator was loud!!!

But when it broke down, there was no power whatsoever...back to oil lamps and  propane .

I get pretty accustomed to a power source for lights, electrical features that I use on a daily basis...I like my luxury....a lot of the world doesn't have some of the basics or what we here in America  have like running clean water, lights, etc.  

But , there are times when I am "off the grid" with the true power source , God.  He is the one who gives strength, power to move forward, power to face each day, the unknown...step by step.   , piece by piece, thought by thought, word by word....

Moses needed to stay on the power grid or he would have fallen...
Exodus 9:16
But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.

1 Chronicles 29:12
Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.

Job 12:13
“To God belong wisdom and power; counsel and understanding are his.




Psalm 28:8
The Lord is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one.

Psalm 71:18
Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.

Psalm 74:13
It was you who split open the sea by your power; you broke the heads of the monster in the waters.

Psalm 77:14
You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples.

Psalm 78:4
We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.
Exodus 15:2
“The Lord is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father’s God, and I will exalt him.

Psalm 18:32
It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure.

Being "off the grid" here on earth is one thing....but being "off the grid" without God is still another.   A big   Another...
I want to be on Gods grid.  I want his love, his care, his strength, his peace...to do the things he has set before me...
We really can be without electrical lights. But not the Light  of the world....


No comments:

Post a Comment