Saturday, June 1, 2013

Generations....

I have a book that asks questions about my life.  I have tried to work on it from time to time....I have my parent's ones as well, at least one of my grandparents , Don's mom's, some of Don's.  I wish we would have been more diligent in relying thoughts to give to our kids at least.  Whether they read them is another matter altogether ..at least we did it...

God 's word was so carefully handed down through the ages. His holy word to us...that is incomprehensible sometimes.  He wants us to take it to heart, learn, do..and He has saved it for us..designed it for us to use , to pass on....

Our experiences with God, He wants told to our children so that they know their heritage from The Lord ...

Lord, help me to be more diligent to relating you to those behind me..knowing that you are working your will in their lives....

Take time to tell your kids/others how God worked in/is working in your life...we all need to know that HE is doing that each day...

Psalm 145:4
One generation commends your works to another; they tell of your mighty acts.

"And he said to me, 'Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you'" (Ezekiel 3:10).

Exodus 12:42
Because the Lord kept vigil that night to bring them out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honor the Lord for the generations to come.

Exodus 16:32
Moses said, “This is what the Lord has commanded: ‘Take an omer of manna and keep it for the generations to come, so they can see the bread I gave you to eat in the wilderness when I brought you out of Egypt.’”

Exodus 20:6
but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 7:9
Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commandments.

Deuteronomy 32:7
Remember the days of old; consider the generations long past. Ask your father and he will tell you, your elders, and they will explain to you.

Psalm 22:30
Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord.

Psalm 33:11
But the plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations.

Psalm 45:17
I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Psalm 71:18
Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.

Psalm 78:4
We will not hide them from their descendants; we will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the Lord, his power, and the wonders he has done.

Psalm 119:90
Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures.

Ephesians 3:20-21
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment