Thursday, July 11, 2013

Walking....

Walking......


It seems we have a choice where we walk..
Each morning after climbing out of bed, I have a choice ....I can walk on the treadmill, walk outside on the various pathways around the neighborhood, not walk at all, drive to a variety of walking paths....

For me personally, It is better to choose to walk to get my mind working, observing, to get my body moving, feeling....

But, I have other choices also.  How do I walk my life.....faithfully , walking with God... or not....

In the Bible, some people are described as.....
"....walked faithfully......with God...
....walked faithfully....with God...."

Then later....

Genesis 17:1
When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.

Deuteronomy 6:7
Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 8:6
Observe the commands of the Lord your God, walking in obedience to him and revering him.

We can choose To walk 
-blameless
- in integrity
-in darkness
-without thought
-securely
-up rightly 
-in the way of insight
- with fools
-in the way of evildoers 
-in the light
-humbly
- in pride
-in obedience
-in fear
-in love
- in the Spirit
-in truth

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

Psalm 15
1 Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
    Who may live on your holy mountain?
2 The one whose walk is blameless,
    who does what is righteous,
    who speaks the truth from their heart;
3 whose tongue utters no slander,
    who does no wrong to a neighbor,
    and casts no slur on others;

Walking physically each day helps my body....but my choices of walking spiritually effects eternity.....


















He "did that which was right in the sight of the Lord, and walked in all the way of David his father." 

No comments:

Post a Comment