Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Good memories....bad memories....

Good memories...bad memories...

I like to take photos.  I then download them to my computer, clean them up,  crop, whatever needs to be done, until I like them better...the other day, I downloaded a variety file, worked them over until I was ready to share.  Ones that were unduplicatable, a male quail sitting on my basalt water bath right outside my window, a flicker in juniper tree digging for hidden food, a hill of flowers in the sunlight ......then with a click of a wrong button, they were gone.......memories only in my mind....not retrievable ....

Just as in life.....there are some memories that are only in our minds,   Good ones that shower their blessing on on us over the years, details which we may forget or not, emotions that are charged , smells that bring a memory..

Then there are the ones I  wish i could forget....books that I wish I hadn't read, movies I wish I hadn't seen,  shows I wish I hadn't watched...situations i wished i hadn't endured...scenes of life that will be forever etched in my mind.....

We cannot help with one...except in our choices...for some memories we could have made better choices at the start....for others, they are have become part of our life experiences.  They color our life with good or bad....we can move on and use them  as stepping stones or be held by them as a wall holds us back...

Thank you for the memories....the good and the bad...the experiences ....the good and the bad......they make up who I am, what I have done....they are a part of me....help them each to glorify You In some way......

Deuteronomy 4:9
Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them fade from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them.

Psalm 9:18
But God will never forget the needy; the hope of the afflicted will never perish.

Psalm 45:17
I will perpetuate your memory through all generations; therefore the nations will praise you for ever and ever.

Isaiah 43:18
“Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.

Matthew 26:13
Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her.”

2 Peter 1:13
I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body,

Habakkuk 1:13a
Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing. 

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Hebrews 13:16
And do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.


I have listened to this song over the years....I didn't see the movie....just the song....  It says a lot,  simply......of memories .......

"The Way We Were"

Mem'ries,
Light the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were
Scattered pictures,
Of the smiles we left behind
Smiles we gave to one another
For the way we were
Can it be that it was all so simple then?
Or has time re-written every line?
If we had the chance to do it all again
Tell me, would we? Could we?
Mem'ries, may be beautiful and ye
What's too painful to remember
We simply choose to forget
So it's the laughter
We will remember
Whenever we remember...
The way we were...
The way we were...

No comments:

Post a Comment