Wednesday, July 3, 2013

House repairs.....


House repairs.....

The house that I bought last year came with a one year warranty. It is hard to believe that the year is almost gone.  It has been a very long year and very short year in many ways.....a year of learning, leaning, sorrow and joy...change......growth(I hope)....family, friends, ......more change......

But, I have been putting together a list of repairs that should be repaired....popped nails as the wood has dried, gate latch that doesn't work, doors that don't close,  ......most are small repairs as the foundation And major construction seems to be okay.....

It made me contemplate my house , or body that I live in, my heart where Christ resides....what do I need to look for , list and repair.....confess, places of growth or in need of growth....is my foundation sure....

There was a book written many years ago, 1979, My Heart, Christ's Home, by Robert munger for Fuller Theological seminary's publication, Theology.  It is still being updated and revised.  he compared each room of a home to a place in our heart.  What repairs are needed,what resides there.....what does the individual need to welcome Christ there and others....a good quick, thoughtful read....
The library-what books reside there..that are we thinking....God's word or not
The dining room- our appetites...what do we yearn for.....
The hall closet-what have we shoved away or are hiding that needs to be cleaned out....
Etc........


House repairs.....


2 Kings 12:13-15
13 The money brought into the temple was not spent for making silver basins, wick trimmers, sprinkling bowls, trumpets or any other articles of gold or silver for the temple of the Lord; 14 it was paid to the workers, who used it to repair the temple. 15 They did not require an accounting from those to whom they gave the money to pay the workers, because they acted with complete honesty.

2 Chronicles 24:13
The men in charge of the work were diligent, and the repairs progressed under them. They rebuilt the temple of God according to its original design and reinforced it.

Ezra 9:9
Though we are slaves, our God has not forsaken us in our bondage. He has shown us kindness in the sight of the kings of Persia: He has granted us new life to rebuild the house of our God and repair its ruins, and he has given us a wall of protection in Judah and Jerusalem.

Psalm 26:2
Test me, Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind;

Psalm 139:23
Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.

Proverbs 5:21a
For your ways are in full view of the Lord, .....

Lamentations 3:40
Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the Lord.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test?

My life , is in need of constant examination.   What do I need to repair, replace....is each room ready, repaired....ready for the Savior????

No comments:

Post a Comment