Sunday, July 7, 2013

Alone....

Alone.....

I have never been in a psychiatric behavior ward before. ...until yesterday.....

my dad, who  is 86 years old had become extremely depressed, stopped eating and not drinking much.   Something I have never seem him do my entire life...the decision was made to move him to my home to help him work through things...we sought counseling for him and eventually had to move him to a small safe group home with 12 other patients.  He received counseling and good food, encouragement , as well as other people around for some stimulation .  This week, his hand wound moved to a different level of care and they had to move him to the hospital psychiatric rooms.  Alone.   We can only visit him in the afternoon, sterile,  as he is highly contagious....four walls, no TV, no other people, except the nurses in and out.  He will continue to receive counseling but still alone.....gray walls...alone....
  You wear gloves, clean your selves thoroughly when exiting...leaving him alone....

This verse sums it up....that is exactly how it feels.....to prevent further spreading of the infection, this is the way it has to be treated.....only they have add the "big gun" antibiotics to the picture.....

Leviticus 13:46
As long as they have the disease they remain unclean. They must live alone; they must live outside the camp.


There are times,when we all say.   "Wow, I wish I could just be alone"......for awhile and then re-enter life when we are ready...we relish the aloneness as a respite....for a period of our own choosing...

But the following three verses are the way my dad feels...worn out......life with no meaning....fears....enemies .......so unbearably hard to see after a life of activity, meaningful people,......Purpose.....

Exodus 18:18
You and these people who come to you will only wear yourselves out. The work is too heavy for you; you cannot handle it alone.

Job 7:16
I despise my life; I would not live forever. Let me alone; my days have no meaning.

Psalm 102:6-8
6 I am like a desert owl,
    like an owl among the ruins.
7 I lie awake; I have become
    like a bird alone on a roof.
8 All day long my enemies taunt me;
    those who rail against me use my name as a curse.


God's word speaks truth...to our hearts, listening ears ....as we choose to listen and absorb it....these are the things I have been asking him, about life, Remembrances....stories.....reading the Bible.....so that he hears truth....not the aloneness....that Christ would enter the room and sit with Him in comfort...care and compassion....securing his mind....in good places....peace.....


Psalm 4:8
In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, Lord, make me dwell in safety.

Psalm 16:5
Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

John 16:32
“A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

We are not alone.....even when we may think we are....the Creator of the universe takes a very personal interest In His own....







No comments:

Post a Comment