Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The joy of The Lord is my strength....


The joy of The Lord is my strength......

When I woke up this morning, that was the first thing I heard in my mind.....thank you Lord for reminding me........

These last few weeks of day in day out of negativity , depression, "I can't",  "it is hopeless", from my father who has always been upbeat....yesterday , I have to admit was tough, it was wearing me down, down, down....My physical and mental  tiredness was vapping me down the "slimy slope ".

Then the song this morning....and opening Jesus calling devotional to...

Jesus calling-----"Self-pity is a slimy, bottomless pit. Once you fall in, you tend to go deeper and deeper into the mire. As you slide down those slippery walls, you are well on your way to depression, and the darkness is profound.

Your only hope is to look up and see the Light of My Presence shining down on you. Though the Light looks dim from your perspective, deep in the pit, those rays of hope can reach you at any depth."

Plus, the sermon this Sunday was on joy.....all this was no mistake.....I needed it all....JOY!!!

Help me to look up and see Your presence....through all this.  And remember " through it all , I learned to trust in Jesus"......

Psalm 5:11
But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Psalm 16:11
You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 20:5
May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.

Psalm 21:6
Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

Psalm 27:6
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Psalm 28:7
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.

Psalm 30:11
You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,

Psalm 33:1
Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him.

Psalm 33:3
Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy...

Psalm 35:27
May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, “The Lord be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant.”

Psalm 45:7
You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.

Psalm 51:12
Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

Psalm 65:8
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.

Psalm 68:3
But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful.

Psalm 71:23
My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you— I whom you have delivered.

Psalm 86:4
Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.

Psalm 90:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.

Psalm 94:19
When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

Psalm 95:1
Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.

Psalm 96:12

Psalm 97:11
Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

Psalm 100:2
Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.

Psalm 105:43
He brought out his people with rejoicing, his chosen ones with shouts of joy;

Psalm 107:22
Let them sacrifice thank offerings and tell of his works with songs of joy.

Psalm 118:15
Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: “The Lord’s right hand has done mighty things!

Psalm 119:111
Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.

Psalm 126:2
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”

Psalm 126:3
The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:5
Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.

Psalm 145:7
They celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Psalm 149:5
Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.


No comments:

Post a Comment