Sunday, July 7, 2013

A gift of the mountains...

A gift of the mountains.....

Yesterday ,my father was assigned to the emergency psychiatric ward at the hospital.
He has Mersa from a wound.  So need the bigger infection doses only offered In an Iv form..it jus teemed so drab and a hard place to be and visit.  He was safe and the people were wonderful, caring....

Today, it was finally decided to move him to a regular floor, where they will watch him  and the infection in a more cheerful atmosphere.  

Walking into the room was like gift...after darkness...the view was the Cascades from three fingered jack to Mt Hood.  Each shining like a beacon...in the afternoon sunshine...
I don't now if my dad will appreciate the view , but It brought tears to my eyes in thanksgiving.   As the afternoon progressed, the mountains changed colors to different shades  of grays, and blues...with more and more shadows...until,they were a silhouette against the sun setting sky...

It just reminded me of the creator and His concern for each us....his preparations....His creation .....

Thank you for your care....

Psalm 121
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 147:8
He covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills.

Psalm 36:6
Your righteousness is like the highest mountains, your justice like the great deep. You, Lord, preserve both people and animals.

Psalm 98:8
Let the rivers clap their hands, let the mountains sing together for joy;

Psalm 125:2
As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore.




No comments:

Post a Comment