Monday, July 22, 2013

Music for the soul....

Music for the soul....

Psalm 108:1
 My heart, O God, is steadfast; I will sing and make music with all my soul...

 God gave me the idea of downloading music on my iPad  and taking it with me when I visit with my dad. So I downloaded old songs that my parents had when I was little and that my dad enjoyed, .....my first remembrances of music.... 
Sons of the pioneers , Patti page, Marti Robbins ..etc....was soothing for him...I think...at least he endured it, not wanting me to stop the songs until  they  were finished. "Red river valley", "Tennessee waltz", "how much is that doggie in the window", "somebody bigger that you and I"......

I have been raised with music all my life, country, classical, contemporary, movie musicals, concerts, etc as my dad was a cowboy and my mother was a music major and teacher.  We also owned a music store at one times. My first "job" was catalog updates for music in this huge ledger that received update pages every week.  $.01 per page...as well as alphabetizing all the sheet music that came in.

Church music was  and is also a very big part our Lives. It speaks to my soul....it has all my life and continues to do so....certain songs evoke certain emotions, memories....praise....

there are whole books of music in the Bible, musicians for worship, and music is mentioned from the beginning to the end.....there is an importance here....one part of worship for all of eternity...


2 Chronicles 5:13
The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.” Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud,

Psalm 27:6
Then my head will be exalted above the enemies who surround me; at his sacred tent I will sacrifice with shouts of joy; I will sing and make music to the Lord.

Psalm 57:7
My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.


Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Psalm 98:4
Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;

Psalm 98:5
make music to the Lord with the harp, with the harp and the sound of singing,

Ephesians 5:19
speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord,





Griefshare Day 306 - Making Music unto God

Every person walks to the rhythm of different tunes. The music of your life can be a source of praise to God.

“It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O Most High” (Psalm 92:1).

You may be a singer, a hummer, an instrumentalist, a dancer, or an avid listener. God made you musically unique.

“Let them praise his name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp” (Psalm 149:3).

“Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous; it is fitting for the upright to praise him” (Psalm 33:1).

Put on some praise music or take an early-morning walk and sing with the birds! Do this again and again and experience healing through music.

“Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs” (Psalm 100:2).

Lord, I sing my own song to You today. I will sing to You when I rise up in the morning, as I go about my day, and when I retire at night. Jesus, keep this song in my heart and change my life. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment