Friday, July 5, 2013

Freedom....

Freedom.....

The concept of freedom is spoken of from Genesis to Revelations.....
We all want freedom,,,,from worry, fear, pain, rules ,death.....just about everything...we want our own way, right or wrong, we want it...we want what our preconceived expectations have borne...sometimes we are willing to pay the price of freedom...other time, we expected for "free" at no cost....

There are some things that are free...the smell of a new morning after the rain...a sunset, sunrise, a smile...the beauty of creation.   Salvation.....but it came at a cost....to someone else....

There are some things that are free but with restrictions.....fruit from the garden - the designated fruits, .....driving in the correct side of the road at the accepted speed limit....

We see nations world over in uproar for freedom...it has been going on since Cain and. Abel...I want what you have........so is it my freedom versus yours....


It seems the only way to have freedom is in the truth....no one can catch us , we can know it in put heads and hearts.... Christ. Is that truth....and only he sets free....

Genesis 2:15-17
15 The Lord God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. 16 And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

Exodus 6:6
“Therefore, say to the Israelites: ‘I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment.

Job 33:9
‘I am pure, I have done no wrong; I am clean and free from sin.

Psalm 25:17
Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.

Psalm 31:4
Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.

Psalm 119:45
I will walk about in freedom, for I have sought out your precepts.

Mark 5:34
He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

Luke 1:64
Immediately his mouth was opened and his tongue set free, and he began to speak, praising God.

Luke 4:18
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free,


John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Acts 13:39
Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

Galatians 5:1
[ Freedom in Christ ] It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Where is your freedom today.....forever????



















No comments:

Post a Comment