Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Rest and fireworks.....

Rest and fireworks.......

For some unknown  reason., maybe because it is the Fourth of July weekend, we have a neighbor who has been setting off the "kabomb" noisy firework late at night...starting about 10 pm until midnight ......kabombing  every twenty minutes more or less....

For me personally, this is not restful... I am in need of that deep REM sleep between 10 and 1 a.m. To be able to function a little better during the day....
So have resorted to earplugs which are somewhat helpful....

But I still need rest....as we all do..we need physical rest.....mental and emotional rest....spiritual rest....


In the Old Testament , God gave the commands to rest on the seventh day.  Later, he even talks about giving land a rest every seventh year.....all to replenish our bodies, minds and and land...
He also speaks of rest from our enemies, rest from war...

Exodus 33:14
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
Exodus 33:13-15 (in Context) Exodus 33 (Whole Chapter) Other Translations
 the land....
Genesis 18:4
Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree.

Exodus 31:17
It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he rested and was refreshed.’”

Exodus 33:14
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

Deuteronomy 33:12
About Benjamin he said: “Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”

Joshua 21:44
The Lord gave them rest on every side, just as he had sworn to their ancestors. Not one of their enemies withstood them; the Lord gave all their enemies into their hands.

Psalm 16:9
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure,

Psalm 62:1
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.

Psalm 91:1
 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.

Psalm 116:7
Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.

In the New Testament , Jesus speaks those words of rest by coming to Him....

Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

We long for rest, our bodies, souls,minds....we need it....so enjoy the fireworks, but don't forget to rest.....








No comments:

Post a Comment