Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tools....

Tools...

This morning I used my late husband's  meat saw to cut down part of a tree,  I chuckled,  he would be horrified to see his wonderful meat saw cutting a tree.  Not the proper use for it, but it worked great....over the years we have used that Saw for a lot of meat cutting...but on the side, it also works for cutting tiny pieces of wood trim, limbs, cardboard, other wood.......I mentally thanked him for such a good tool with a lot of uses unbeknownst to him....

I have a lot of tools that have multiple uses and we can purchase those spiffy multiple use tools that fit into our pockets.....which must do "everything"we need....I use tools all the time, they are all over the house for various jobs from paper clips to tires on the car...they make life easier....

Over years, there have been a variety of tools developed for church growth...spiritual gifting, evangelism techniques, end times,etc, etc...all of which are excellent and good tools, but just that, "tools"...they in themselves are not the real answer for life.....there is no substitute for the real word of God....


Thank you for your everlasting, ever true word...for which there is no substitute.  .....

Jeremiah 30:2
“This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Write in a book all the words I have spoken to you.

Proverbs 30:5
“Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Isaiah 40:8
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.”

Luke 11:28
He replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.”

Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

2 Tim 3:15-16
....and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, ....

Psalm 119
How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

Sharper than two edged sword, Tim, version...psalm 119





No comments:

Post a Comment