Saturday, July 6, 2013

Restlessness.....


Will there be rest.....from. Restlessness......

I am Trying a new -to -me  medical treatment for fibromyalgia , biofeedback...

"An electromyogram (EMG) measures the electrical activity of muscles. It is used in conventional medicine to diagnose a variety of nerve and muscle diseases and in biofeedback to help heal muscle injuries and relieve chronic pain...."  

One of the side effects for me is restlessness...jumping for job to job, lack of concentration/focus  for about 24 hours.  But, do I ever sleep!!!  What a delight!!!

Another time, I remember restlessness took this degree is when I took a steroid for a bad case do poison oak...I couldn't sit still, was like the rabbit commercial only in fast motion. I got a quilt done that had half inch pieces ....In that episode.   Never made another like it...

Both of these have their basis in medical techniques.....On another level...There are times in life when a restlessness encompasses life ....when I am waiting for an answer.... when everything is In such disarray that I can't think....when the world seems to be caving in......the walls of the ocean of life are  so tall that I see no light ......day after weary day marches on.....restlessness.....waiting....uncertainty....

There is always a unfathomable well of peace to draw from...
God , Himself, stands there, holding out His arms waiting for acknowledgement , waiting to extend that peace, that rest from turmoil...

I don't like living InThe turmoil...the restlessness either medically or emotionally...it is exhausting...I want to fall into those arms held out....that peace that in undefinable....but real, all encompassing...

Job 3:26
I have no peace, no quietness; I have no rest, but only turmoil.”

Job 30:17
17 Night pierces my bones;
    my gnawing pains never rest.

Psalm 22:2
My God, I cry out by day,........., by night, but I find no rest.

Ecclesiastes 2:23
All their days their work is grief and pain; even at night their minds do not rest. This too is meaningless.

Psalm 55:6
I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest.

Psalm 62:1
Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.


Thank you,,,for that peace. .....it is real......not a figment of anyone's imagination...infinite....

No comments:

Post a Comment