Thursday, July 4, 2013

Held....


Held......

One of the love languages is touch.....we all need it to a certain degree, some, more than others......it is nice to have that comforting hug or show affection or care.  Just to know that you are cared for and loved ....it has been said that we need 6 to 8 hugs a day for good emotional health...sounds good....we who are widows or single miss that touch of our mates..holding hands, comfort In times of turmoil ...a simple hand on the arm....touch, comfort...

I know I have asked God to hold my hand several times in the last months...He gives me peace in the time of need...sends someone to hug, sometimes...that loving touch....care...a word here and there....I have to look for it and  receive it....joy in it...hug it to my soul...

Numbers 11:12
Did I conceive all these people? Did I give them birth? Why do you tell me to carry them in my arms, as a nurse carries an infant, to the land you promised on oath to their ancestors?

Deuteronomy 33:27a
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms....

Ruth 4:16
Then Naomi took the child in her arms and cared for him ...

Proverbs 31:20
She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy.

Isaiah 40:11
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young...

Mark 10:16
And he took the children in his arms, placed his hands on them and blessed them.

Hug someone today...they may need it and so may you....






No comments:

Post a Comment