Monday, November 4, 2013

Sowers of discord.....

Sowers of discord......

It seems sometimes that our society is full of discord...
And more importantly, that is what is taught, on various ways of communication ......discord, arguments...ungraciousness....hate...division  instead do building up, encouraging....pitting one against another on a daily basis...
We thrive on the various peoples' lives who really aren't the best examples for life...

Looking for the discord and tearing down , sowing discord to divide one from another.
Versus
Looking for the good and uplifting that In others....

"When we are divided we are conquered. There is no common ground. We cannot stand together to fight the enemy, whomever that may be."

Lord , help me to be that instrument of grace, encouraging others, bringing peace out of discord, kindness  out of hurt, love out of hate...You are the author of grace, the Prince of peace, the Gracious One...


2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

Galatians 5:19-21
New International Version (NIV)
19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.


Proversb 6:16. There are six things the Lord hates,
    seven that are detestable to him:
17         haughty eyes,
        a lying tongue,
        hands that shed innocent blood,
18         a heart that devises wicked schemes,
        feet that are quick to rush into evil,
19         a false witness who pours out lies
        and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment