Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Light ...images

Light....Images........

Over the years, we have visited several places, each wonderful, scenic and or not so scenic...the people want to share their culture, themselves, show others the important things of their lives, their buildings, their industries, foods, traditions..religious ceremonies, etc....their life......you can tour the beaches, the cathedrals, the old towns, new towns, the churches, the wineries, the tourist highlights, birds, dolphins, penguins, sheep...whatever

I love it all...I want to see the real life of other cultures, other people groups, what is important to them, their lives, scenic and not so scenic....I want to see the meat venders with their chicken feet, tripe, camel mouths.....their housing , customs....I come away thankful , intrigued, in wonder....

These people are just like me, with the same concerns, day to day life, maybe a different outlook with the different government bent....but they are humans just like me or the people on my street....

The part of the tours that I have a hard time with are the temples, idols which are evident in many places....to me there is a darkness there that is thick, cold, depressing...it settles around you like a heavy cloak....I come away heavy hearted....

one place we visited, had that enfolding feeling, then I looked around, there was this huge ray of light filling the courtyard as if to say, "no matter the darkness, My light can still shine"... I later shared this with the group as we met, unwinding after the tour...we had all felt the darkness  but, there was hope as well....

I carry that thought when times are tougher, days seem dark,   No amount of darkness can keep out the Light of God.....

There are dark days, times.....that goes with the world we live in....But, I have to remember that God's light is there ready to shine or already shining forth.   His Word is light...life...  Thank you for your light in my world...those around me...help me to reflect that light to others in the darkness.....

Genesis 1:4
God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.

2 Samuel 22:29
You, Lord, are my lamp; the Lord turns my darkness into light.

2 Samuel 23:4
he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings grass from the earth.’

Job 12:22
He reveals the deep things of darkness and brings utter darkness into the light.

Psalm 18:28
You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 27:1
[ Psalm 27 ] [ Of David. ] The Lord is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 36:9
For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.

Psalm 43:3
Send me your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.

Psalm 56:13
For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

Psalm 76:4
You are radiant with light, more majestic than mountains rich with game.

Psalm 89:15
Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord.

Psalm 97:11
Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.



No comments:

Post a Comment