Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Daylight savings time.....

Daylight savings time......

I woke up this morning an hour earlier because of the new time....I awaken early as it is, and now it is earlier!!! So I dread the time change....grumbling I recheck the clock again to see if I saw it right the first time, knowing that I did....grumbling....I don't want to wake up this early...... Of course the right thing to do, would be to take this time to pray...but I am still grumbling how early it is...

God must either have a wonderful sense of humor, or be so disappointed in my attitude...but, literally the first verse this morning was the following .....followed by the reading in  Jesus calling....

Philippians 2:14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing,  15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky


Okay, I get the point.....I woke up, that is a praise, I can move about, am free, can talk, have a roof over my head, can worship freely, had a safe trip, have a wonderful family, friends, .......my eyes may be bloodshot as Proverbs says, but the praise must come first.... I truly want that blamelessness, that purity of heart, soul and mind.....so again praise in all things......

Psalm 142:2
I pour out before him my complaint; before him I tell my trouble.

Proverbs 23:29
[ Saying 19 ] Who has woe? Who has sorrow? Who has strife? Who has complaints? Who has needless bruises? Who has bloodshot eyes?

"I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation.
—Philippians 4:12"

Jesus calling-"People tend to think their circumstances determine the quality of their lives. So they pour their energy into trying to control those situations. They feel happy when things are going well, and sad or frustrated when things don’t turn out as they’d hoped. They rarely question this correlation between their circumstances and feelings. Yet it is possible to be content in any and every situation."

John 6:43
“Stop grumbling among yourselves,” Jesus answered.

Exodus 16:9
Then Moses told Aaron, “Say to the entire Israelite community, ‘Come before the Lord, for he has heard your grumbling.’”

Thank You,for the  new day.....let my attitude of grumbling be changed to a garment of praise ......


No comments:

Post a Comment