Saturday, November 16, 2013

Allegiance .....banners.....

Allegiance ......banners......

As I was walking yesterday morning, it occurred to me that it must be getting  toward the end of the week, duh.....no, not by the day, but by the amount of flags/banners flown by the cars....must be big games this weekend for colleges....there are a lot of Oregon state, Boise state and finally, university of Oregon fans In this town!!!!  And the flags and banners get thicker by the end of each week as games get closer......a variety of stores sell the flags, pennants, decals as well as all the clothing to fans of the various colleges, even yarn to knit or crochet .....allegiance...."I stand/root for this team".....

It really made me pause....To ponder...Does my allegiance show? To whom? For what do I stand for??? What is my banner?  Where are my flags? Do anyone even know I stand for Christ? Or do I?  Can someone come up to me, and say," I know  what team you stand with, root for?"

And what/who do I represent?

 I want to represent the One who gave his life for me, who was there at creation, who knows me from the inside out......who loves me...

Thank YOU for reminders that I need to be a good representative .....who I am representing.....what are my banners flying for.....

John 13:35
Everyone will know that you are my disciples because of your love for each other.”

Philemon 1:6-7
6 As you share the faith you have in common with others, I pray that you may come to have a complete knowledge of every blessing we have in Christ. 7 Your love for God’s people gives me a lot of joy and encouragement. You, brother, have comforted God’s people.

1 John 3:9-10
9 Those who have been born from God don’t live sinful lives. What God has said lives in them, and they can’t live sinful lives. They have been born from God. 10 This is the way God’s children are distinguished from the devil’s children. Everyone who doesn’t do what is right or love other believers isn’t God’s child.

1 John 5:2
We know that we love God’s children when we love God by obeying his commandments.


Exodus 17:15
Moses built an altar and called it The Lord is my Banner.

Numbers 2:2
“The Israelites are to camp around the tent of meeting some distance from it, each of them under their standard and holding the banners of their family.”

Psalm 20:5
May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests.


Isaiah 18:3
All you people of the world, you who live on the earth, when a banner is raised on the mountains, you will see it, and when a trumpet sounds, you will hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment