Sunday, September 29, 2013

Walk the talk....

Walk the talk......

How do I act in front of my own family?   Do I let down my "guard" so to speak around the ones I love most?   What will be ramifications of my walk In my descendants?  Will it  be for good?  Or will the bad habits, attitudes rule ??

Do those closest to me know how I stand and for Whom?  Or is it a well kept secret? Only coming out when convenient?   To look good?  What is the commitment?   What is the comfort zone? 

Through history there have been ones who won the world and lost their families,  and also those who won the world and kept their families in tact...we see it all around us In today's  world..,,,politicians, church leaders, the neighbor next door or down the street....given that each person has a free will to chose which way they desire to go, still doesn't give me the freedom to make others stumble by my actions....attitudes...words...

Abraham was to lead his family to another land....then the nations would come...
Noah took his family....
Joseph in later years took care of his family along with the nation....
Gideon took down his family's idols before leading the nation....
We have list of sons who followed In their fathers footsteps for good and evil...
Jesus said it is harder to witness in your own hometown rather than those outside that area...but he still told the disciples to witness first in Jerusalem , then the region and finally to the ends of the earth...

Am I willing to walk the talk?  Walk the walk? For which each Christian is called?  For all my days?  Or just when I want to?

Thank you, so much for the examples of good and bad....help me to choose the right course...help my family to choose the right course for their lives as well....it does effect those who after....


Judges 6:27 So Gideon took ten of his servants and did as the Lord told him. But because he was afraid of his family and the townspeople, he did it at night rather than in the daytime.

Luke 4:24
“Truly I tell you,” he continued, “no prophet is accepted in his hometown.

Acts 1:8
8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”






No comments:

Post a Comment