Friday, September 6, 2013

Unforgettable scenes....

Unforgettable  Scenes......

Scene one-5 th grade, Mrs. Domagalla's classroom. I had had enough...he had teased me over and over again, so I kicked him as hard as I could and there he lay on the floor, hurt from my anger....I remember thinking, I need to control my anger....

Scene two- newly married, pouting, crying to get my way about something....I remember thinking this is childish,   I need to control my anger....

Scene three-seated in a chair in our living room,  praying "help me me control my anger..."

Scene four-driving away, looking in the rear view mirror at three children standing, waving...raging inside, I need to control my anger and I am not getting my way....

Scene five-being introduced to my daughter's friends,,"this is my mom who doesn't get mad"......

The Bible holds quotes like-"burned with anger", "hot with anger", "fierce anger", "cursed anger", "aroused with anger", "furious anger", "anger flared", "great anger".... And I know that I am not the only one who has an anger issues....

Over and over, these scenes have played out in my head as my anger rises.....not ME, I don't have anger issues..."..I just ", "if only".....whatever excuse runs through my head...mine are associated with jealousy, not getting my way, things not done "correctly",  innumerable reasons....all needing taken care of by the forgiving grace that only God can give...and then  taken to those whom I have made my victims..... The fifth grader who became a friend, the husband who willing forgave, the God who works and continues to work n my life, the children who have grown and still remember "that" day.....


Exodus 34:6
And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness,

Psalm 37:8
Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.

Psalm 86:15
But you, Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness.

Proverbs 15:1
A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.

Proverbs 29:8b
....but the wise turn away anger.

Proverbs 30:33
For as churning cream produces butter, and as twisting the nose produces blood, so stirring up anger produces strife.”

Ecclesiastes 7:9a
Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit....

Isaiah 12:1
[ Songs of Praise ] In that day you will say: “I will praise you, Lord. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me.

1 Corinthians 13:4-6
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.

Ephesians 4:26
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry,

Ephesians 4:31a
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, ....

Colossians 3:8a
But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, ....

1 Timothy 2:8
Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

James 1:20
because human anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

These verses, I have claimed over and over ...over the years and still cling to....anger still remains...not as often,  not as consuming...hopefully not as visible...
I want to produce that righteousness that God desires, that love that abounds...that gentleness in spirit....Him....not me showing through.....thank you for the scenes, the forgiveness, the growth....I can't do it on my own....only You....





No comments:

Post a Comment