Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Comfort, comfort...all you people.....

Comfort, comfort, all you people......

I am still getting comfort cards for my father as well as updates for the scholarship fund for him for the Farm Bureau.  What a comfort that so many people loved and honored him...through the years....

Hugs from family as we hug one another in comfort....tears still, blindsided every once in awhile...still over Mom, Don as well......

I thank everyone who is a part of this .....comfort....we are to comfort those who need it, as we have been comforted.....so I write again of comfort.....

So I included comfort verses.....God's word on comfort.....so much better than mine....infinitely better, spoken to our hearts....thank you....for Your Word...

1 Chronicles 7:22
Their father Ephraim mourned for them many days, and his relatives came to comfort him.

Job 16:5
But my mouth would encourage you; comfort from my lips would bring you relief.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Psalm 119:52
I remember, Lord, your ancient laws, and I find comfort in them.

Psalm 119:76
May your unfailing love be my comfort, according to your promise to your servant.

Isaiah 40:1
[ Comfort for God’s People ] Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.

Isaiah 51:3
The Lord will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the Lord. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Isaiah 61:2
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,

Isaiah 66:13
As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem.”

Jeremiah 31:13
Then young women will dance and be glad, young men and old as well. I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow.

John 11:19
and many Jews had come to Martha and Mary to comfort them in the loss of their brother.

1 Corinthians 14:3
But the one who prophesies speaks to people for their strengthening, encouraging and comfort.

2 Corinthians 1:3
[ Praise to the God of All Comfort ] Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort,

2 Corinthians 1:4
who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

2 Corinthians 1:5b...... our comfort abounds through Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:7
And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.

2 Corinthians 7:7a......by the comfort you had given him......

Philippians 2:1
[ Imitating Christ’s Humility ] Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion,

Colossians 4:11b
...... they have proved a comfort to me.

If you want to watch a good YouTube presentation...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/28/sarah-horn-kristen-chenoweth_n_3832396.html

No comments:

Post a Comment