Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Waiting.....

Waiting.... Do I ever have to wait???? Of course!!!! it seems like half of life is waiting, maybe more.... As children, we wait for birthdays, Christmas, school vacations, school to start, to become a teenager, to turn 16,18, 21....., to graduate, to get that first job, to buy our first car, wait for that first date, get engaged, get married ....... As an adult, we wait for the first job, first apartment, first house, marriage, that first child...and each one after that...to turn 25, 29, 35 and then we don't wait for years anymore a s they pile on, that jackpot, bonus check, things to get better....... We wait in lines, on hold, patiently or impatiently.....in duress or peacefully....we wait for answers, in hospitals, , for programs to start....to end ,..... We wait and wait.....was it worth it, was the anguish over, did we find it, did we follow through, did I do right thing, am I angry in waiting, ...so many questions in waiting.....why.... Noah waited for the dove to return....7 days.....I wonder if he thought it was futile, was he anxious ? After all those days in the ark with all those animals....I would have been so ready to disembark...waiting In line, in fact... The Israelites had to wait to get the promised land after traveling In the desert for 40 years....that is a long wait....because of disobedience .... Saul was told to wait for Samuel and he didn't ....with dire consequences.... David was told to wait, Peter, the disciples, people down through the ages...so we are not the only ones to wait.... Patiently, expectantly, not fretting, quietly...eagerly, taking heart.... I don't know about you, but this is a character quality that I need to work on....and apparently God thinks that, too... As I get the opportunity daily.... Thank you for the lessons in waiting.... Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Psalm 33:20 We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. Psalm 37:7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Psalm 38:15 Lord, I wait for you; you will answer, Lord my God. Psalm 40:1 [ Psalm 40 ] [ For the director of music. Of David. A psalm. ] I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. Isaiah 30:18 Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! Lamentations 3:24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:26 it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of The Lord. Acts 1:4 On one occasion, while he was eating with them, he gave them this command: “Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard me speak about. Romans 8:25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. 1 Corinthians 1:7 Therefore you do not lack any spiritual gift as you eagerly wait for our Lord Jesus Christ to be revealed. Jude 1:21 keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment