Monday, September 23, 2013

Reaching out....over time, distance....


Reaching out.....over time, distance

Over the past few years, I have been the recipient of much prayer and encouragement...I am so thankful......I don't know how people do without that support, the love and Nurture of The Lord and His servants...my children have had that care also...from their friends and extended family....then their friends and family for other events in their lives...and my friends and family and on and on a on...to people,whom I have never met, but prayed for or been are praying ...the lines go around the world....as well they should with the open lines of communication through various means....

With world news so quickly reported and people so closely connected through ministries, friendships, there is always some in a common person or tie that we all have with something or someone on the other side of the world or down the street....

We may not be able to be there in person for someone, but we can be there in prayer, concern, thoughts, empathy....notes, cards, quick emails, a phone call, flowers, a meal...whatever task that seems appropriate.....thoughtful, encouraging,  loving, enfolding In thought.....

Daily, We need those darts of care, we can all give them, as well....thank God for your words I'd comfort, your people who are called to come along side, both near and far......may we never forget You and others who are need of a word or prayer....

2 Corinthians 1:3-8, 11
Praise to the God of All Comfort
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. 5 For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ. 6 If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7 And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort.
 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.

Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Psalm 71:21
You will increase my honor and comfort me once more.

Psalm 77:2
When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; at night I stretched out untiring hands, and I would not be comforted.

Psalm 86:17
Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, Lord, have helped me and comforted me.

Psalm 119:50
My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life.

Isaiah 40:1
[ Comfort for God’s People ] Comfort, comfort my people, says your God.

Isaiah 49:13
Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

Grief share, “In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive’” (Acts 20:35).

You have probably been the recipient of much help throughout your time of grief. That is a great blessing. But think about Jesus' words: “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Now it’s your turn to be the giver.

“Look around and find someone else who’s hurting,” says Linda, whose baby died, “and minister to that person, whether it’s just a card or a phone call. It seems like when you reach out to someone else, your grief begins to heal and it doesn’t seem as overwhelming to you. You can see beyond it.”

Lord Jesus, it sure is hard to see beyond myself. What can I do to reach out to another person in love today? Amen. "

No comments:

Post a Comment