Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Orthotics and life....


Orthotics and life.....

Yesterday, I was at the office getting new set of orthotics for my shoes.   I always thought having high arches was good thing, but it puts more strain on both ends of your foot..so orthotics are the way to go to help the strain in the middle arch....less plantar fasciitis problems... But this inventor of arch supports, not only makes the supports, but coaches you how to improve your walking, posture....walking straight, not leaning forward, watching forward and not looking down, not clomping around, limberness, movement, balancing correctly, working through all your shoes to make sure you are getting the proper support, which are good, bad, And how to improve in the future.  A whole education with mirrors, 
,practice, homework,  etc.  

The use instructions caught my thoughts, "for improvements to occur, change is necessary. The new feeling in your insoles can be explained  as a new perception for the ground.  The new perception allows you to experiment with the form of your gait and try new positions of the foot and body that are more efficient....the technicians will teach you correct stance and stride, and over a period of time you will Develop new muscle habits.....give yourself time to become accustomed to your new......"

Do I want improvement, change, ? Am I willing to make corrections, practice? Do I want new muscle habits? In my heart, thoughts......

Isn't this life?   Will I stay stuck in old habits, not changing, not growing, forever in pain, because I don't want to change ?

Or am I willing to step out, stride differently into life, learning new walking styles, walking straight, balanced? Maybe less pain....

This is not just about feet....it is about life.....Change seems inevitable.....do I get help from God, listening to His instructions, practicing His word, with mirrors showing what I am doing? Do I seek to improve? Moving in a balanced life, with Him as the instructor? Do I catch myself, shifting in the posture of my thinking, readjusting to get it right?  Am I looking at that mirror of His Word, aligning myself to it???

Walking isn't so easy....but I do have an instructor....The God of all creation...who desires that we walk with Him....

Leviticus 26:13
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians; I broke the bars of your yoke and enabled you to walk with heads held high.

Deuteronomy 5:33
Walk in obedience to all that the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess.

Proverbs 4:12
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

You were wearied by all your ways, but you would not say, ‘It is hopeless.’ You found renewal of your strength, and so you did not faint” (Isaiah 57:10

3 John 1:4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment