Saturday, September 7, 2013

Honor....


Honor.....

Who do we honor?

 Throughout the Bible it speaks of honor.  I don't hear that word very often more. A few of us put our flags up for various holidays or patriotic days...

At parades, people usually stand when the color guard passes....

We stand when dignitaries arrive...

We have funerals, memorials either at funeral home, churches, or gravesite s to honor our loved ones...

We honor the people who are held in high offices...even those we do not respect...the Jews were told to honor the emperor even though they did not like him or his leading....

I remember visiting my husbands mom daily while she was in a rest home....so tiring, but needful...we did it if not for her, but to teach our children about honoring parents....then again for my parents, each one as they finished life....and again for my husband....honoring them In Preparation for another life not here , but eternity....taking that time to talk, listen..honoring them with love, care....

We are to honor God with our first fruits....when we gardened, we gave away our first veggies to others, not on an alter, but for their use....to those in need....

Numbers 25:13
He and his descendants will have a covenant of a lasting priesthood, because he was zealous for the honor of his God and made atonement for the Israelites.”

Exodus 20:12
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.

1 Samuel 2:8
He raises the poor from the dust and lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes and has them inherit a throne of honor. “For the foundations of the earth are the Lord’s; on them he has set the world.

1 Kings 3:  12 I will do what you have asked. I will give you a wise and discerning heart, so that there will never have been anyone like you, nor will there ever be. 13 Moreover, I will give you what you have not asked for—both wealth and honor—so that in your lifetime you will have no equal among kings. 14 And if you walk in obedience to me and keep my decrees and commands as David your father did, I will give you a long life.”

John 12:26
Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.

Romans 12:10
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Romans 13:7
Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

1 Corinthians 6:20
you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

1 Peter 1:7
These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 Peter 2:17
Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, fear God, honor the emperor.

2 Peter 1:17
He received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”

3 John 1:6
They have told the church about your love. Please send them on their way in a manner that honors God.

Revelation 4:11
“You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

Revelation 5:13
Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, saying: “To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!”


This is worthy of watching,...honor to the fallen.. Honor to one another....especially our Creator....
Note:This is at Atlanta Ga. Airport.
 
This is wonderful. Thank God for the 49% of we Americans who still stand for dignified patriotism. Sadly, we are becoming outnumbered.
 
Delta Airlines
I had no idea Delta does this. God Bless them!
Thank You Delta Airline employees.


No comments:

Post a Comment