Tuesday, November 1, 2022

Change 4…continued 2…

 Change 4…continued 2….


Reading through these passages of young people has been a blessing…their human responses…God’s answers, care…change…


Jeremiah…a young man…called to be a prophet…”I am with you”

Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,and before you were born I consecrated you;

I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” 

Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” 

But the Lord said to me,“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,and whatever I command you, you shall speak. 

Do not be afraid of them,for I am with you to deliver you,declares the Lord.” 

Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. 

And the Lord said to me,“Behold, I have put my words in your mouth. 

See, I have set you this day over nations and over kingdoms,to pluck up and to break down,to destroy and to overthrow,to build and to plant.”

Jer.1.4-10


Mary…a young woman betrothed…a major shift in her life…fear turns to obedience…

In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. 

And the virgin's name was Mary. 

And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!” 

But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 

And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 

And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 

He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.” 

And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?” And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God. 

And Mary said, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word.” And the angel departed from her.

Luke.1.26-35, 38


Esther…faithful, courageous…


 Then the king's young men who attended him said, “Let beautiful young virgins be sought out for the king.

And let the king appoint officers in all the provinces of his kingdom to gather all the beautiful young virgins to the harem in Susa the citadel, under custody of Hegai, the king's eunuch, who is in charge of the women. 

Let their cosmetics be given them. 

And let the young woman who pleases the king be queen instead of Vashti.” 

This pleased the king, and he did so. 

He was bringing up Hadassah, that is Esther, the daughter of his uncle, for she had neither father nor mother. 

The young woman had a beautiful figure and was lovely to look at, and when her father and her mother died, Mordecai took her as his own daughter. 

So when the king's order and his edict were proclaimed, and when many young women were gathered in Susa the citadel in custody of Hegai, Esther also was taken into the king's palace and put in custody of Hegai, who had charge of the women. 

And the young woman pleased him and won his favor. 

And he quickly provided her with her cosmetics and her portion of food, and with seven chosen young women from the king's palace, and advanced her and her young women to the best place in the harem. 

Esther had not made known her people or kindred, for Mordecai had commanded her not to make it known. 

And every day Mordecai walked in front of the court of the harem to learn how Esther was and what was happening to her. 

the king loved Esther more than all the women, and she won grace and favor in his sight more than all the virgins, so that he set the royal crown on her head and made her queen instead of Vashti. 

Then the king gave a great feast for all his officials and servants; it was Esther's feast. 

He also granted a remission of taxes to the provinces and gave gifts with royal generosity. 

For if you keep silent at this time, relief and deliverance will rise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father's house will perish. 

And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” 

Then Esther told them to reply to Mordecai, “Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. 

I and my young women will also fast as you do. 

Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish.”

Esth.2.2-4, Esth.2.7,Esth.2.8-11,Esth.2.17-19, Esther 4.14-16


Naaman’s  slave…faith of a child…leading her Master to the God who heals…

Naaman, commander of the army of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master and in high favor, because by him the Lord had given victory to Syria. 

He was a mighty man of valor, but he was a leper. 

Now the Syrians on one of their raids had carried off a little girl from the land of Israel, and she worked in the service of Naaman's wife. 

She said to her mistress, “Would that my lord were with the prophet who is in Samaria! 

He would cure him of his leprosy.” 

So Naaman went in and told his lord, “Thus and so spoke the girl from the land of Israel.” 

And the king of Syria said, “Go now, and I will send a letter to the king of Israel.”

So he went, taking with him ten talents of silver, six thousand shekels of gold, and ten changes of clothing.

2Kgs.5.1-5


 So he went down and dipped himself seven times in the Jordan, according to the word of the man of God, and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean. 

Then he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and he came and stood before him. 

And he said, “Behold, I know that there is no God in all the earth but in Israel; so accept now a present from your servant.” 

Then Naaman said, “If not, please let there be given to your servant two mule loads of earth, for from now on your servant will not offer burnt offering or sacrifice to any god but the Lord. 

In this matter may the Lord pardon your servant: when my master goes into the house of Rimmon to worship there, leaning on my arm, and I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, when I bow myself in the house of Rimmon, the Lord pardon your servant in this matter.” He said to him, “Go in peace.”2Kgs.5.14,2Kgs.5.15,2Kgs.5.17-19a


From a young prophet to a young woman, an orphan to an Commander…change of direction….


God works in all people…


Thank YOU….


No comments:

Post a Comment