Friday, November 25, 2022

Pslam119…

 Psalm 119….


https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/matthew-henry-complete/psalms/119.html



Matthew Henry’s commentary about Psalm 119, waxes eloquence about this long Psalm, the longest one…keying in on the meanings, the poetry, the descriptions, the Word spoken in 8 verse segments…


For whatever reason, I am just focusing on the last verse of those 8 verse segments…it just looked interesting… not that the whole is not…

Each exalts the Word, just as the whole psalm does, deals with how we personally view the Word, God…personally in heart felt meditation, God’s Love, his counsel, his righteousness …


 I will keep your statutes;do not utterly forsake me! 

I will delight in your statutes;I will not forget your word. 

Your testimonies are my delight;they are my counselors. 

I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! 

Behold, I long for your precepts;in your righteousness give me life! I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love,and I will meditate on your statutes. 

This blessing has fallen to me,that I have kept your precepts. 

The earth, O Lord, is full of your steadfast love;teach me your statutes! 

The law of your mouth is better to me-than thousands of gold and silver pieces. 

May my heart be blameless in your statutes,that I may not be put to shame! 

In your steadfast love give me life,that I may keep the testimonies of your mouth. 

I have seen a limit to all perfection,but your commandment is exceedingly broad. 

Through your precepts I get understanding;therefore I hate every false way. 

I incline my heart to perform your statutesforever, to the end. 

My flesh trembles for fear of you,and I am afraid of your judgments. 

Therefore I consider all your precepts to be right;I hate every false way. 

My eyes shed streams of tears,because people do not keep your law. 

Your testimonies are righteous forever;give me understanding that I may live. 

Long have I known from your testimonies that you have founded them forever. 

The sum of your word is truth,and every one of your righteous rules endures forever. 

I keep your precepts and testimonies,for all my ways are before you. 

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant,for I do not forget your commandments.

Ps.119.8,Ps.119.16,Ps.119.24,Ps.119.32,Ps.119.40,Ps.119.48,Ps.119.56,Ps.119.64,Ps.119.72,Ps.119.80,Ps.119.88,Ps.119.96,Ps.119.104,Ps.119.112,Ps.119.120,Ps.119.128,Ps.119.136,Ps.119.144,Ps.119.152,Ps.119.160,Ps.119.168,Ps.119.176


Thank YOU…for your Word…your precepts, your testimonies…Your Truth… 

No comments:

Post a Comment