Saturday, November 26, 2022

Psalm 119…firsts…

 


Psalm 119…firsts…


1. “Write a topic sentence…

2. Fill in the supporting details…

3. Write a concluding sentence…”, wikihow


This was how we were taught to write…long long ago in a far away place…how I despised the rewrites…the report writing, the sentence structure…the diagrams…I actually had to take remedial English is college along with many others…I learned more in one semester than 4 years of  high school or maybe I was more motivated…


Anyway, yesterday I just added the end verses of each 8 verse segments of Psalm 119…

Today, it is the first verses…”the topic sentences”…how the author praises, questions, declares, pleads…


The in-between verses are just as important…but I loved how he started each segment…and builds on them…

The love we cling to, the walk we walk, the Word made manifest, the promises God gives, the deliverance he claims…we can speak to God as the author did so long…as God hasn’t left …He is as present now as He was then…


Thank YOU….

 

 Blessed are those whose way is blameless,who walk in the law of the Lord! 

How can a young man keep his way pure?By guarding it according to your word. 

Deal bountifully with your servant,that I may live and keep your word. 

My soul clings to the dust;give me life according to your word! 

Teach me, O Lord, the way of your statutes;and I will keep it to the end. 

Let your steadfast love come to me, O Lord,your salvation according to your promise; 

Remember your word to your servant,in which you have made me hope. 

The Lord is my portion;I promise to keep your words. 

You have dealt well with your servant,O Lord, according to your word. 

Your hands have made and fashioned me;give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. 

My soul longs for your salvation;I hope in your word. 

Forever, O Lord, your wordis firmly fixed in the heavens. 

Oh how I love your law!It is my meditation all the day. 

Your word is a lamp to my feetand a light to my path. 

I hate the double-minded,but I love your law. 

I have done what is just and right;do not leave me to my oppressors. 

Your testimonies are wonderful;therefore my soul keeps them. 

Righteous are you, O Lord,and right are your rules. 

With my whole heart I cry; answer me, O Lord!I will keep your statutes. 

Look on my affliction and deliver me,for I do not forget your law. 

Princes persecute me without cause,but my heart stands in awe of your words. 

Let my cry come before you, O Lord;give me understanding according to your word!

Ps.119.1,Ps.119.9,Ps.119.17,Ps.119.25,Ps.119.33,Ps.119.41,Ps.119.49,Ps.119.57,Ps.119.65,Ps.119.73,Ps.119.81,Ps.119.89,Ps.119.97,Ps.119.105,Ps.119.113,Ps.119.121,Ps.119.129,Ps.119.137,Ps.119.145,Ps.119.153,Ps.119.161,Ps.119.169


 Therefore let us be grateful for receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, and thus let us offer to God acceptable worship, with reverence and awe,

Heb.12.28

No comments:

Post a Comment