Sunday, November 27, 2022

Psalms 120-134…

 Psalms 120-134….


What song/songs comes to mind as classic? Ones that reach to your soul…The Hallelujah Chorus, Great if thy Faithfulness, How form a Foundation, Rock of Ages, …the list goes on…plus all the  wonderful more modern praise songs…


These psalms may have been sung by priests at a particular time, or by others at another time…all are titled, “A Song of Ascents”…with different subtitles…

120…Deliver me, oh LORD

121…My Help comes from the LORD..

122…Let is go the House of the LORD…

123…Our eyes look to the LORD, our God…

124…Our help is in the Name of the LORD

125…The LORD Surrounds His People…

126…Restore our Fortunes, oh LORD…

127…Unless the LORD a builds the House…

128…Blessed is everyone who Fears the LORD…

129…They have afflicted me from my Youth…

130…My Soul waits for the LORD…

131…I have calmed and quieted my Soul…

132…The LORD has chosen Zion…

133…When Brothers dwell in Unity…

134…Come, Bless the LORD…


A lot of favorite verses come from these Psalms…a few follow…


 In my distress I called to the Lord,and he answered me. 

I lift up my eyes to the hills.From where does my help come? 

My help comes from the Lord,who made heaven and earth. 

The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. 

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem!“May they be secure who love you! 

Peace be within your wallsand security within your towers!” 

To you I lift up my eyes,O you who are enthroned in the heavens! Our help is in the name of the Lord,who made heaven and earth. He who goes out weeping,bearing the seed for sowing,shall come home with shouts of joy,bringing his sheaves with him. 

Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,the fruit of the womb a reward. 

Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one's youth. 

Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!

He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate. 

Blessed is everyone who fears the Lord,who walks in his ways! 

But with you there is forgiveness,that you may be feared. 

But I have calmed and quieted my soul,like a weaned child with its mother;like a weaned child is my soul within me. 

For the Lord has chosen Zion;he has desired it for his dwelling place: 

Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! Come, bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord,who stand by night in the house of the Lord! 

Lift up your hands to the holy place and bless the Lord!Ps.120.1,Ps.121.1,Ps.121.2,Ps.121.8,Ps.122.6,Ps.122.7,Ps.123.1,Ps.124.8,Ps.126.6,Ps.127.3,Ps.127.4,Ps.127.5,Ps.128.1,Ps.130.4,Ps.131.2,Ps.132.13,Ps.133.1,Ps.134.1,Ps.134.2


I can just hear in my mind crowds of people walking toward Jerusalem, singing these psalms or even the priests singing as they ascend from the valleys to the top of the hills…the words echoing across the rocky slopes…dust rising, the sound of feet step after step, word after word…proclaiming the Truth of the LORD…


Thank YOU…


 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Col.3.16


No comments:

Post a Comment