Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Change 4…continued 4

 Change 4…continued 4….

A thoughtful mom send her son with a bit of lunch…barley loaves and fish…knowing as a growing boy, he will need some food at some point in the day…he is thoughtful as well…he shyly or boldly offers to share his lunch …..thinking at least I can share with someone…but, Jesus…blesses it and feeds five thousand with leftovers…the boy’s eyes grow rounder and rounder as he watches the multitude of baskets filled with loaves and fish appearing, being handed out to so many…afterwards he runs home to tell his mom….”mom, mom, you will never guess what happened when Jesus took my lunch….He fed five thousand and had leftovers…look here is my lunch, multiplied”…she hugs him, but he never forgets that multiplied lunch, that Jesus …who gave so much…


Boy with bread and fish…

One of his disciples, Andrew, Simons brother, said to him, “There is a boy here who has five barley loaves and two fish, but what are they for so many?” 

Jesus said, “Have the people sit down.” 

Now there was much grass in the place. So the men sat down, about five thousand in number. 

Jesus then took the loaves, and when he had given thanks, he distributed them to those who were seated. So also the fish, as much as they wanted. And when they had eaten their fill, he told his disciples, “Gather up the leftover fragments, that nothing may be lost.” 

So they gathered them up and filled twelve baskets with fragments from the five barley loaves left by those who had eaten. When the people saw the sign that he had done, they said, “This is indeed the Prophet who is to come into the world!” 

John.6.8-14


Children who surrounded Jesus…a Master’s touch…

Then children were brought to him that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away.

Matt.19.13-15

I have often wondered what those children felt…when Jesus, the

Word, the Creator…when his hand was upon their little heads…did they remember it later as the Man who touched me…did their mothers remember to tell them later in life…about Jesus…did they become followers? Only heaven will tell…


A song that runs through my head …for these verses…He touched Me…by Bill and Gloria Gaither…


[Verse 1]

Shackled by a heavy burden

'Neath a load of guilt and shame

Then the hand of Jesus touched me

And now I am no longer the same


[Chorus]

He touched me, oh He touched me

And oh the joy that floods my soul!

Something happened and now I know

He touched me and made me whole


[Verse 2]

Since I met this blessed Savior

Since He's cleansed and made me whole

Oh I will never cease to praise Him (to praise)

I'll shout it while eternity rolls


 Thank YOU…


No comments:

Post a Comment