Monday, November 21, 2022

Psalm 113…childless woman…

 Psalm 113…childless woman…


 Praise the Lord.Praise the Lord, you his servants;praise the name of the Lord. 

Let the name of the Lord be praised,both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets,the name of the Lord is to be praised. 

The Lord is exalted over all the nations,his glory above the heavens. 

Who is like the Lord our God,the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to lookon the heavens and the earth? 

He raises the poor from the dustand lifts the needy from the ash heap; he seats them with princes,with the princes of his people. He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children.

Praise the Lord.

Ps.113.1-9


I remember reading this psalm over 50 years ago…my focus at the time was the “childless woman” …or in my version at the time…”He gives the barren woman a home,
making her the joyous mother of children”.
It is marked in my old worn, rebound Bible…which I had to retire before it fell apart anymore…given to me on my 16th birthday by on of my grandmothers…


While I realized that the psalm is one of praise of the Lord…I was hurting…after multiple miscarriages, I wanted to be a mom…we were actually looking into adopting…but along came our first son… 

then a daughter …another daughter and then another son…over an 11 year period…as well a a few foster babies along the way….happy, joyous…mother of children…and now 12 grandchildren…and I so love them all….


There were some rough times, yes, but they were covered with many , many wonderful times and still are…I am so grateful that God saw fit  to make me a mother, He settled me into a home…with family…


Thank YOU…

No comments:

Post a Comment