Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Name…Psalm 135

 Name…Psalm 135…


Names, we all have them…nicknames, legal names, bad names, good names…those serious times when mom says our whole name to get our attention or when we know that we are in trouble…


We can change our names legally or not…but we can depend on God to keep his…


Thank YOU….


 Then Moses said to God, “If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ what shall I say to them?” God said to Moses, “I am who I am.” 

And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘I am has sent me to you.’” God also said to Moses, “Say this to the people of Israel: ‘The Lord, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ 

This is my name forever, and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.

Exod.3.13-15


 But for this purpose I have raised you up, to show you my power, so that my name may be proclaimed in all the earth.

Exod.9.16


 You shall not swear by my name falsely, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord.

Lev.19.12


 And your name will be magnified forever, saying, ‘The Lord of hosts is God over Israel,’ and the house of your servant David will be established before you.

2Sam.7.26


 Yet to his son I will give one tribe, that David my servant may always have a lamp before me in Jerusalem, the city where I have chosen to put my name.

1Kgs.11.36


 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”

Job.1.21


 Let them praise your great and awesome name!Holy is he!

Ps.99.3


 Praise the Lord!

Praise the name of the Lord,give praise, O servants of the Lord, Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good;sing to his name, for it is pleasant! 

Your name, O Lord, endures forever,your renown, O Lord, throughout all ages.

Ps.135.1,3,13


I sing praises to your Name, Terry MacAlmon

“Verse 1]

I sing praises to Your name O Lord

Praises to Your name O Lord

For Your name is great

And greatly to be praised

I sing praises to Your name O Lord

Praises to Your name O Lord

For Your name is great

And greatly to be praised


[Verse 2]

I give glory to Your name O Lord

Glory to Your name O Lord

For Your name is great

And greatly to be praised

I give glory to Your name O Lord

Glory to Your name O Lord

For Your name is great

And greatly to be praised…”

No comments:

Post a Comment