Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The sheriff's call....

The sheriff's call....

Eons ago, before cell phones, iPhones, iPads, desktop or laptop computers, when my husband was traveling, he  would call each morning and evening from a landline phone...we didn't call them landlines at the time, because they were just phones.

One morning about ten, my home phone rang...it was a sheriff from the town my husband had stayed in the night before..(.my husband hadn't called the night before as he had gotten there so late, he just checked in, went to bed, but had called in the morning...)

Anyway, the sheriff wanted to know where my husband was, as he was wanted for theft...of all the sheets, blankets, pillows from the room...he had stayed in....PANIC on my end...surely my husband wouldn't steal sheets, blankets, pillows....that wasn't his personality or lifestyle...

So I told the sheriff approximately where my husband was heading. ....as Far as I knew...geologists don't always go in a straight path from point a to point b...there may be some interesting geology along the way...

As the day passed...I was in a dither...wondering what the outcome would be ....would I need to travel with our little children, post bail, etc...to get him out of jail,,,why had he stolen sheets, were we really talking about the same man??

FINALLY, that night on our nightly call, I got the "rest of the story"....he had checked in late, the room had had no sheets, pillows or blankets...the maid had not finished that room...he slept in his clothes,on a bare mattress, with blanket he kept in he truck..turned  up the heat in the room....left early...."not going to that motel again"...not arrested for theft, ......

Misunderstandings ......misinformation......exaggerations....abound in the world today....whose information do we trust ......

We may think we know someone and then get some information about them that is counter to what we know...and it cast doubts in our minds.....

I am glad that God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow ...I may not understand the path many times, but His word is sure...He is Truthful....He sees the whole picture and knows the beginning from the end....

Thank YOU for truth, not innuendos, not lies, not doubts on your character....help me not to doubt, not to question, but to trust...in the Truth of Your word....

Mark 12:14a
They came to him and said, “Teacher, we know that you are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.....
John 1:14
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 3:33
Whoever has accepted it has certified that God is truthful.

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

John 8:32
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 14:6
Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment