Monday, March 17, 2014

Outdated...

Outdated....

I started sorting through outdated medicines, foods in cupboards this weekend...I had ended up with a lot of my fathers things, as well as food that I had moved with....so decided it was time to purge out the old stuff.

Some of The medicines are going to a friend who uses them over seas in a clinic...some of the foods went to my son's pigs....and some just went to the trash...

Purging, sorting, throwing away, getting rid of, replacing, renewing.....some usable, some trash....not only do I need to do it in my cupboards, but in my heart, soul,and mind.....my attitudes need a "outdated" check .....what am I hanging onto that needs replaced, or trashed....what idols do I have stashed away that need to be trashed....what sin hidden away or even shown for all to see....that needs replacing with God's attitudes, fruits...

Purging, sorting....tiring but oh, so needful, not only in the kitchen, medicine cabinet ....but in my life...

Thank YOU for your examination my of life....help me to rid my life of "outdated", ungodly attitudes, idols ...whatever,  that I would be clean, "updated", filled with You....



Genesis 35:2
So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, “Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes.

Judges 10:16a
Then they got rid of the foreign gods among them and served the Lord.

1 Corinthians 5:7
Get rid of the old yeast, so that you may be a new unleavened batch—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.


Ephesians 4:30-32
New International Version (NIV)
30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. 32 Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.


Colossians 3:8
But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

James 1:21
Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.

1 Peter 2:1
Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment