Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pencil in the hand of God.....

Pencil in the hand of God....

Yesterday, I found this quote in my Bible...written in the margin from who knows when...or who said it for that matter...so I did look it up and it was originally said by Mother Teresa....a little diminutive lady who worked in the streets of Calcutta, India.....loving the people whom others had cast off...humbly seeking no recognition, but gaining much...

Humbleness, not a trait spoken of very often in our world...of "selfies", battles, wars,  materialism, Hollywood or self indulgence...

God honors humbleness, humility  in our attitudes rather than self exaltation.....as is his
Place  as creator of the universe.... But Christ, the very son of God, humbled himself to enter our world as a sacrifice for the sins of man...it is mind boggling....infinitely humbling...that he cares enough to do that for me and everyone who walks on this earth...I nor anyone else has earned that but it is a gift, freely given....with the acknowledgement of His lordship and identity....and position...

We all have to ask the question, am I willing to humble myself before the
God of heaven and earth and accept his Lordship, his sacrifice for the sins that beset me...his gift of eternal life...or do I shake my fists in the face of God, exalting myself , excluding Him in my life?  Do I want to be a "pencil" in His hand for the time he has deemed?

Thank YOU for your word....Your open plea for each of us to "come"...with humbleness before You....
"Am I a pencil in the hand of God, writing love letter to others?"

     
“I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.”
 Mother Teresa of Calcutta quotes (Albanian born Indian Missionary and Founder of the Order of the Missionaries of Charity. Nobel Prize for Peace in 1979. 1910-1997)


Numbers 12:3
(Now Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth.)

1 Samuel 2:7
The Lord sends poverty and wealth; he humbles and he exalts.

2 Chronicles 7:14
if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.

Daniel 4:37
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just. And those who walk in pride he is able to humble.

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Matthew 23:12
For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

James 4:6
But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.”

James 4:10
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

1 Peter 3:8
[ Suffering for Doing Good ] Finally, all of you, be like-minded, be sympathetic, love one another, be compassionate and humble.

1 Peter 5:6
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.


No comments:

Post a Comment