Saturday, March 1, 2014

In the night watch....

In the night watch.....

From the beginning to the end of the BIble, there is night....until there is no more night....

We do all sorts of things at night;dream, wrestle with thoughts and ideas, worry, listen to night sounds, pray, toss and turn,  read, play games, create, dream and sometimes sleep....
 A lot of crime is committed during the night, using darkness as a cover.....

There must be lack of sleep at night as evident in the amount of space at the stores designated to sleep products...as well as prescriptions for sleep...

It was reassuring, to find that nighttime activities were common thousands of years ago as well...I wasn't the only one who is sleepless....there were over 300 examples of nighttime events...

So, I can be reassured that I am not alone in the night as I lie awake for whatever reason, there others who are doing the same,   There is God who speaks in the night, there prayers to be said, there is comfort for the sleepless, and day will come...

Thank YOU for your watchfulness both day and night, You never sleep or slumber, always are there....

Genesis 1:5
God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

Genesis 26:24
That night the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham.”

Genesis 46:1-3
46 So Israel set out with all that was his, and when he reached Beersheba, he offered sacrifices to the God of his father Isaac..
2 And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, “Jacob! Jacob!”
Here I am,” he replied.
3 “I am God, the God of your father,” he said. “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there.

Exodus 12:31
[ The Exodus ] During the night Pharaoh summoned Moses and Aaron and said, “Up! Leave my people, you and the Israelites! Go, worship the Lord as you have requested.

Exodus 12:42
Because the Lord kept vigil that night to bring them out of Egypt, on this night all the Israelites are to keep vigil to honor the Lord for the generations to come.


1 Samuel 3:2-4
New International Version (NIV)
2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the house of the Lord, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the Lord called Samuel.
Samuel answered, “Here I am.”

1 Samuel 15:16
“Enough!” Samuel said to Saul. “Let me tell you what the Lord said to me last night.” “Tell me,” Saul replied.

Joshua 1:8
Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful.

Nehemiah 2:11-13
Nehemiah Inspects Jerusalem’s Walls
11 I went to Jerusalem, and after staying there three days 12 I set out during the night with a few others. I had not told anyone what my God had put in my heart to do for Jerusalem. There were no mounts with me except the one I was riding on.
13 By night I went out through the Valley Gate toward the Jackal[a] Well and the Dung Gate, examining the walls of Jerusalem, which had been broken down, and its gates, which had been destroyed by fire.

Esther 6:1
[ Mordecai Honored ] That night the king could not sleep; so he ordered the book of the chronicles, the record of his reign, to be brought in and read to him.

Job 7:4
When I lie down I think, ‘How long before I get up?’ The night drags on, and I toss and turn until dawn.

Psalm 16:7
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 119:148
My eyes stay open through the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promises.

Daniel 6:18
Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep.

Matthew 2:13-15
13 When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. “Get up,” he said, “take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him.”
14 So he got up, took the child and his mother during the night and left for Egypt, 15 where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.”

Luke 6:12
[ The Twelve Apostles ] One of those days Jesus went out to a mountainside to pray, and spent the night praying to God.

Acts 16:25 About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them.

1 Corinthians 11:23
For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread,

Revelation 22:5
There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment