Thursday, March 6, 2014

Authors....

Authors.....

I always thought it would be fun to write.....fiction...because I enjoy reading...

I even had the opening scene written and pictured in my mind....."she stood, quietly looking out across the sea of waving prairie grass, wondering how and where she was going to on from this point in her life....."

But, instead I wrote home economics curriculum , kindergarten curriculum, Bible studies, and teamed with others to create Bible studies....all of which were unforgettable times in my life...never to be repeated closeness with unforgettable friends....

So, my imagined young woman still stands there looking out across the prairie...still wondering, pondering life in the future....

I wonder if the many authors of Bible books  felt destined to write and be apart of the greatest and most read book in the world...did they take it for granted, compelled, honored to b chosen, ....did they know that their writing would span centuries, speak to billions, be translated to more than 1900  plus languages and still counting...

How did they feel to witness the migration of millions across the desert....the battles, the falling of the walls of Jericho ...the rebuilding of the temple and walls of Jerusalem, the songs and proverbs which still teach the hearts of the readers, the birth, life, death and resurrection of the the Son of God...to the end of times as well as the beginning of times...letters to churches in Europe....letters to you and me...

thank YOU for the creativity, and surrendered lives of the writers of Your written word....that You cared and care enough that it is still in existence for the world to continue to read and believe...


Psalm 119:1-16
Psalm 119[a]

א Aleph

1 Blessed are those whose ways are blameless,
    who walk according to the law of the Lord.
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes
    and seek him with all their heart—
3 they do no wrong
    but follow his ways.
4 You have laid down precepts
    that are to be fully obeyed.
5 Oh, that my ways were steadfast
    in obeying your decrees!
6 Then I would not be put to shame
    when I consider all your commands.
7 I will praise you with an upright heart
    as I learn your righteous laws.
8 I will obey your decrees;
    do not utterly forsake me.
ב Beth

9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.


 2 Timothy 3: 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Isaiah 55:11
so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment