Sunday, March 30, 2014

Seeking....

Seeking.....

While i have been treading I  have been watching a movie about a little girl who leaves home seeking her father...trying to find out who he really is, in the process seeking who she is.....

A thought provoker....i could change the channels at any given time and find various ways of seeking: beauty, pain free living, better cooking, war, peace, better housing, thinking, treasures and pleasures of all kinds, ways of gaining riches, etc, etc, etc....seeking, striving.....young , old and in between...

Right now, the drama and heartache of families and the world seeking answers to a missing plane....the whys,the whereabouts,.....or world leaders at odds with one another over peace and pieces of ground, or ideologies of terror....each seeking their own ways...

As humans we have sought answers from the beginning of time...some to our detriment and others to our growth, some In the right places and others not...and we are seeking still ....

Our Creator, Father wants us to seek Him....search for Him...He wants us to search our hearts, cleanse them....

I have to ask myself, as the psalmist wrote in Psalm 27:4, do I earnestly ask ....
"One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple."

Lord, help me to seek You above all else...no matter what the world seeks...You alone are worthy to be sought....

Song-Search my heart
Search my heart and search my soul
There is nothing else that I want more
Shine Your light and show Your face
In my life, Lord, have Your way, have Your way

Hear my cry and hear my prayer
Draw me close, I know You're near
Give me strength and give me grace
To walk with You, Lord, all my days

So with all my heart and all my soul
With all I am, Lord, I will follow You
You took the cross, You took my shame
Restored my life, now I live to worship You

Search my heart and search my soul
There is nothing else that I want more

With all my heart and all my soul
With all I am, Lord, I will follow You
You took the cross, You took my shame
Restored my life, Lord, I will follow You

Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing

Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing

With all my heart and all my soul
With all I am, Lord, I will follow You
You took the cross, You took my shame
Restored my life, Lord, I will follow You

Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing

Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing
Without You I am nothing

Search my heart and search my soul
Read more at http://www.songlyrics.com/hillsong-united/search-my-heart-lyrics/#p4KKbbAqRmMXIXHC.99

Deuteronomy 4:29
But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Matthew 6:33
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Luke 11:9
“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

Luke 11:10
For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

Luke 19:10
For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

John 4:23
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

Acts 15:1
that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things’—

Romans 2:7
To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life.
Romans 2:8
But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

1 Corinthians 10:24
No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

1 Corinthians 10:33
even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

1 Peter 3:11
They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment