Saturday, August 31, 2013

Dreams, dreams and more dreams....

Dreams, dreams and more dreams....

I dream a lot of the time. most of the time I don't remember what it was about in the morning, I just know I dreamed.  Or I wake in up the middle of the dream and think this is so good, I will remember it and don't later on....one night this spring, I dreamed, it seemed all night. I awakened, knowing that I had dreamed but only retained the message...

Then there are dreams that i wonder how does my mind work that way...so many pieces out together....or things I don't remember ever seeing or thinking or reading about are there, both good and bad.....or people from different times of my life coming together at one place...like the Norman Rockwell painting with all the people looking forward....
Or places  I have never seen, then driving by them and thinking I have seen that place before, but it was in a dream....I rarely have  bad dreams, but occasionally I do. I can't watch or read intense movies or books before bedtime....

When I dream, I know I won't  have as much Fibromyalgia pain.   When i don't dream for several night or have the impression that I haven't d reamed, I know there will be more pain...so I like dreaming.....just to rid the pain and the sleep is deeper, more restful.

In the Bible, it speaks of dreams early on...or deep sleep...Adam slept while God made him a wife...Joseph, gideon,and Daniel were interpreters of dreams for leaders....various people were warned in dreams to do or not to do certain things. Other saw visions that are recorded through its pages...

Both Joel and Acts speak of the last days...
Acts 2:17
“‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.

There are array of books about dream interpretations....that hasn't been on my bucket list to read...I don't need something else to analyze  right now...and I want truth from God's word....

So dream away...enjoy the ones He gives you, the rest that comes, the message that may come....rest in Him.....

Isaiah 29:8a
as when a hungry person dreams of eating, but awakens hungry still; as when a thirsty person dreams of drinking, but awakens faint and thirsty still....

Jeremiah 23:28a
Let the prophet who has a dream recount the dream, but let the one who has my word speak it faithfully. 

Daniel 7:1
[ Daniel’s Dream of Four Beasts ] In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dream, and visions passed through his mind as he was lying in bed. He wrote down the substance of his dream.

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 27:19
While Pilate was sitting on the judge’s seat, his wife sent him this message: “Don’t have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him.”

No comments:

Post a Comment