Friday, August 2, 2013

Instructions, instructions.....

Instructions, instructions......

I have instructions on how to use my camera, my vacuum, the microwave....for everything in my house with some kind of motor,  how to  use my medicines,  my face cream....how to clean my clothes, how to grieve, how to live, how to use my iPad,  how to sit properly, which clothes to travel with, the proper etiquette for various functions and if I don't have the instructions for for something, I can go to the web and find them....so much information on how to......then there is the trouble shooting section of every manual...the "if, thens" of every how to....and finally, if these don't work.....call 1-800-------- where you will eventually get someone helpful or new to the job and asks you to hold, listening to music.....

Can you imagine Noah, who had never seen rain, getting instructions to build a huge boat to hold animals , some of which he probably had never seen, gather the right foods, wood, all the while his neighbors were making fun of his construction project....but he believed God...

Or Moses going back and forth to the pharaoh each time with a new plague asking that the pharaoh let the Israelites go....

Or building a tabernacle in the wilderness, with the exact measurements, even listing the right people to do the various jobs...and providing beforehand all the right materials to do it....

Then the commandments and the laws on how to live ....

The songs of praise on how to worship ......and why....

The Old  and New Testament instructions on how love and whom....how to live...how to have eternal life...

There are even those troubleshooting instructions....be prepared to suffer as Christians...no guaranteed bed of roses, ...but guaranteed Life.....with Christ as Saviour....

follow those instructions....

Psalm 119:9How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
    By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
    do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
    that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
    teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
    all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
    as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
    and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
    I will not neglect your word.

Genesis 26:5
....because Abraham obeyed me and did everything I required of him, keeping my commands, my decrees and my instructions.”

Exodus 18:20
Teach them his decrees and instructions, and show them the way they are to live and how they are to behave.

Psalm 16:7
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

 Isaiah 28:26
His God instructs him and teaches him the right way.

1 Thessalonians 4:1
[ Living to Please God ] As for other matters, brothers and sisters, we instructed you how to live in order to please God, as in fact you are living. Now we ask you and urge you in the Lord Jesus to do this more and more.








No comments:

Post a Comment