Friday, August 9, 2013

Spider webs.....

Spider webs.....

Yesterday, as I was walking, I came through a narrow section of the walk between two trees, suddenly going through a single strand of a spider web across the opening.....
So there I am pulling at this invisible yet real strand to get it off and me unbound from the feel of that minute piece of filament.....

Then, when I got home, there was another strand in my entry way , only visible In certain light..but still there, whether I could see it all the time or not...

It made me realize how bound I can be by near invisible strands of life, the world, attitudes, feelings...I realized that I have hardly laughed or smiled in weeks, the strands of joy have fled again...how  I need the garment of praise to enfold me again...I have the deep peace, but the the surface is stormy again..

Each day, as I look at the mounds of paperwork that spill over my usually clear dining room Table, I wonder when it will get done...as i sift through it all day, calling unknown people at 800 numbers to be put on hold time after time,, I have to remind myself again and again to be joyful in all things, to be thankful...I am learning yet again perseverance through the papers....through another death, ......there is light .....there is joy again....in time....

To not be held by that nearly invisible strand .....that surprisingly comes across the trail of life,  unexpectedly hits me in the face ,  irritatingly sticky and hard to get rid of...

It is not a surprise to God,,,it is all part of his plan. ..it is only sticky to me....until I realize the lessons again and again...reminding me that He does indeed have a plan...I need to be ready for surprises, knowing that He is there...waiting to hold me again...

I don't want to be like those in Job

Job 8:13 Such is the destiny of all who forget God;
    so perishes the hope of the godless.
14 What they trust in is fragile[a];
    what they rely on is a spider’s web.
15 They lean on the web, but it gives way;
    they cling to it, but it does not hold.

Together, we can get through this...

Jeremiah 29: 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.


Thank you,,,for your daily lessons....that touch my heart ....

No comments:

Post a Comment