Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rest.....

Rest......

Yesterday,  I left my "growing up hometown" for my present home after 6 days of nonstop activity....basically two memorials for my father...I drove for two hours down the road and had to stop to wonder around a farmers market to wake up...then drove two more hours....desperately trying to keep awake, stopped again to wander.....finally deciding this was the stopping place for the day even though I could have made it home....walked on the  treadmill again to keep awake.....finally succumbing to sleep....10 hours straight.....that is so unusual for me....

There are just times when we need that rest that God has built into our bodies.....and we have to take it...use it....and feel the refreshment on the other side....we may fight it, try to put it off ,but we still need it....there can be dire consequences if we put it off.....

Reading through the many verses on rest, there are over 200, some talked about rest from your enemies...gave me pause.....I have been saying that I am ready for a summer of life As the enemy, death, has been prevailing these last four years...
I know that my mom, husband, and father are with The Lord, but we, the ones left behind are still grieving which is energy depleting. It has felt like a battle at times.  Tiredness has been there....


So I find solace that God can and will give rest from our enemies, rest for weariness , rest from the labor....He can give strength , refreshment, His presence, hope, quietness...

Thank you, Lord, for yourself, which In itself is enough....help me to recognize your rest, your care...your refreshment....I pray that you give these to those others who are needing that confidence that You care, strengthen, refresh.....
Isaiah 40:29
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

Jeremiah 31:25
I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”

Exodus 16:30
So the people rested on the seventh day.

Exodus 33:14
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”

1 Kings 5:4
But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side, and there is no adversary or disaster.

Psalm 62:5
Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from him.

Proverbs 19:23
The fear of the Lord leads to life; then one rests content, untouched by trouble.

Matthew 11:28
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Mark 6:31
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”

1 John 3:19
This is how we know that we belong to the truth and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence:








No comments:

Post a Comment