Thursday, August 15, 2013

Talking to my refrigerator.....

Talking to my refrigerator....

This morning I found out I talk to my refrigerator, the dryer, the microwave...the computer.....

The refrigerator beeps when the door is open too long,,the microwave beeps when the time is finished...the stove beeps when the time is up or the temperature has been reached, the dryer beeps when the clothes are dry.....

None of them really listen, just doing what they are programmed to do...

I realized  God speaks in many different ways...gently.....strongly....am I listening???
Do I take the warning, check the time....discerning what he wants ome to hear?  

Or do I just talk  , not listening....

1 Kings 19:12
After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly.

Isaiah 30:21
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

John 10:27
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

Hebrews 3:6-8a
6 But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.
7 So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8     do not harden your hearts

Revelation 3:20
Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Psalm 29:3
The voice of the Lord is over the waters; the God of glory thunders, the Lord thunders over the mighty waters.

Psalm 29:4
The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is majestic.

Psalm 29:5
The voice of the Lord breaks the cedars; the Lord breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon.

Psalm 29:7
The voice of the Lord strikes with flashes of lightning.

Psalm 29:8
The voice of the Lord shakes the desert; the Lord shakes the Desert of Kadesh.

Psalm 29:9
The voice of the Lord twists the oaks and strips the forests bare. And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”


Do I listen to the gentle voice or do I need the mighty one to hear...

Listen....can you hear Him...

Thank you for talking to me....

No comments:

Post a Comment