Sunday, August 11, 2013

The eyes have it......

The eyes have it.....

When I awaken InThe night, I see things only in black and white, light and shadow,,no colors except those red numbers on the alarm clock or the blue on the microwave......life without color or it is hidden.

I have been to countries where God has been forbidden, and they have take away the colors, everything is uniform, gray gray gray....as these cultures emerge from the godless rule, they bring back colors with them....

My father in law was color blind...he only saw shades , intensities of gray...In his later years, he did many latch hook items, and my mother in law had to place the various colors of yarn in place for him, so that he would get the right color combinations.  When she didn't, there were very unexpected combinations of color...

If you get  into quilting, you have the opportunity to wear a pair of red tinted glasses. So that you can see In shades of gray so that your gradations of color , light to dark are what you desire...it is easier to see with the grays....

Black and white movies, photography show attention to detail...and are very artistically done....

But, I still love to see color........it is something only you can see with your eyes...one of your senses.  You can't  feel or smell color, your eyes see it...

Our eyes not only  see color, objects, but show emotions...fear, love, lies, , they can be readable, part of our body language....

In the book of Psalms , eyes are spoken of 50 times...
How God sees, what He sees, what we see, don't want to see....

Help me to see the right things, ......observe and do....

 
Psalm 6:7
My eyes grow weak with sorrow; they fail because of all my foes.

Psalm 11:4
The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne. He observes everyone on earth; his eyes examine them.

Psalm 13:3
Look on me and answer, Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death,

Psalm 16:8
I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 17:2.......may your eyes see what is right.


Psalm 18:27
You save the humble but bring low those whose eyes are haughty ...

Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.

Psalm 25:15
My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only he will release my feet from the snare.

Psalm 31:9
Be merciful to me, Lord, for I am in distress; my eyes grow weak with sorrow, my soul and body with grief.

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you.

Psalm 33:18
But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,

Psalm 34:15
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry;

Psalm 38:10
My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes.

Psalm 54:7b
....., and my eyes have looked in triumph on my foes.

Psalm 66:7a
He rules forever by his power, his eyes watch the nations—.....

Psalm 69:23
May their eyes be darkened so they cannot see, and their backs be bent forever.

Psalm 116:8
For you, Lord, have delivered me from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling,

Psalm 118:23
the Lord has done this, and it is marvelous in our eyes.

Psalm 119:18
Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.

Psalm 119:37
Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

Psalm 119:136
Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed.

Psalm 121:1
 I lift up my eyes to the mountains— where does my help come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment